Why Bother ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been planning on changing our existing floor mounted Ideal Mexico (FF460) for a wall mounted condensing boiler.

Short list is as follows :-

Veissmann 100W Compact (18Kw Heat Only)
Vaillant Ecotec plus 418
Worcester 18Ri
Glow Worm 18 HXi (Which from what I've gleaned from these pages is the Vaillant with a different badge !)

Efficiency of our current set up is band D (approx 78%) so with a new A rated condensing boiler could perhaps save an additional 12%. Current gas bill averages £70 / month so potential saving of £100 /year.

When I balance this against the cost of replacement (£1500 - £2000) it could take 20 years to be cost effective assuming a new boiler lasts that long (which I doubt).

Current boiler hasn't missed a beat in the 6 years we've had it and I'm starting to think if it's not broke why fix it. :confused:

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this or any of the boilers I've listed above.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Leave the Mexico in, it,ll out live all these new poxy condensors.

Youve only got to look what happened to most of them this Winter, froze up.

Sponsored Links
Leave the Mexico in, it,ll out live all these new poxy condensors.

Youve only got to look what happened to most of them this Winter, froze up.

Probably only because the condensate was installed wrongly in the first place :eek: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back