Why does my Worcester 28cdi gain pressure so slowly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed my pressure gauge reading 0.3 bar so i tried to raise it with the filling loop key, once I inserted and locked it in place i turned the grey pressure nob anti-clockwise and could hear the water rushing around the system but the needle didn't move on the pressure dial so after 10 secs or so I closed the filling loop valve and removed the key. I checked it again 10 mins later and it had gone up to around 1 bar and over the course of about 30-60 mins it was now just over 2 bar. It settled around 2.5 and over another 30-60 mins i noticed it had dropped back down to 1.5 bar then a day later it was back down to 0.5 bar! what is wrong with it? I have no heating problems and have hot water on demand. I can also see no leaking water or hear any funny noises. Please help I am worried this is gonna cost me alot of money to fix.

Sponsored Links
Pressure guage could be sticking/partially blocked.

If the pressure was 2.5bar then that 2 bar must ave gone somewhere, have you checked the relief pipe outside?

I have no idea where the relief pipe is, I can't see one.

Sponsored Links
Nah won't cost much to fix, pressure relief valve will have blown anyway so let all the pressure out through that ,6/7 quid for a replacement, take the thin copper pipe to the pressure guage out from the plastic manifold end and clean the carp out with a small screwdriver. The pressure is not taking a long time to fill the boiler but it is taking a long time to get through the blockage to the guage.

ok thx Ollski, I'll order a new PRV and clean the guage pipe. The other side of the wall to where my boiler is fitted is the bathroom so there is no pipe outside the house, all i can think is that the relief is going straight back into the drain along with the bath/tap water.

Is it difficult to replace the PRV?

can someone write me a step by step guide please?

I'm currently writing a site containing photo step by step guides for things like this so hopfully in the next few days I should be able to do one for you, it's pretty simple though as your prv is already leaking you can release the pressure through that until it stops. The guage and prv are held in by simple clips....15 mins tops.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back