Why Electricity is dangerous to mess with

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just received some pics of someone in South Africa apparently trying to steal some cables - that just happened to be live overhead ones - of the high voltage type - and duly paid the price.

Not sure if I am allowed to post pics of this nature, as they are quite gruesome, so please Moderator let me know if I can or not.

They are worth seeing as it is a stark reminder to those who think they know better just how dangerous Electricity is...

Sponsored Links
OK I see.

What about from a distance where you can only just make out the scene?

Edit...

On second thoughts... I think you maybe right.

I expect they will make their rounds on the Email circuit.

It did make me sit up and think more about the importance of safety.

Sponsored Links
I once went to quote for a job in a nuclear fallout shelter :eek: ( yes you read right... ) where someone had broken in with a petrol still saw and cut out large sections of large cables from the generator and mains feed....
the mains feed was still live at the time..

they wanted the generators connected back in so they had some light for the tours..

for those interested.. the place is called drakelow and used to be an aero-engine plant during the war making plane engines.. it was also used by rover cars at some point.. and has been in the posession of the government for use as a regional seat of government in the event of a nuclear war.. it was sold to a private owner some years back,,

Lectrician said:
http://members.ploppy.com/~StormTrooper_2/index2.htm

Headed "A Real Electrocution". Then it ends by saying he lived...

That's not electrocution, then, is it??!!

securespark said:
Headed "A Real Electrocution". Then it ends by saying he lived...

That's not electrocution, then, is it??!!

Nope, but I bet he wished it had been - I can't imagine him coming out of that situation too rosey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back