Why paint ? why not line ?

mkb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Read lots of threads on board about problems people have when they remove wallpaper and decide to paint the walls i.e residue paste, distemper etc. etc. SO much preparation to get paint to adhere. I generally just line the bl...y wall and therefore don't need to worry about potential reaction problems. Probably just as much time involved in the prepartion of the wall as it is to line. Comments anyone ?

Sponsored Links
Depends:

If I strip a room and the walls are perfect then there's no point in sizing, paying for the lining paper and paste, pasting it then sticking it onto the walls and then waiting for it to dry before giving it at least 2 coats of emulsion.

It's not one size ;) fits all.

Soz Growler. Obviously if walls are 'perfect' then no problem. What I meant was if you strip, then there's residue paste, flaking paint etc. What do you think ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back