Wickes Combi 2000 - overheat lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My Wickes Combi 2000 boiler has the orange Overheat Lockout light illuminated and I cannot seem to reset it. I have tried turning the boiler off and pressing the reset button when turning it back on, switching the power off at the wall, leaving it for a half minute to see if this might resolve the issue but all without success. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Sponsored Links
I presume this is a rebadged Halstead boiler.

Do you know the Halstead model?

It could well be a PCB fault!

Do you know the cause for lockout? Did you allow the gas supply to be interrupted?

But have you run hot water to establish a demand for heat when you try resetting it?

Tony

The sticker on the boiler, under the external shell, does mention Halstead boilers but I can't see a model number. It has a GC No 47-333-03

I switched a hot water tap on when trying to restart it, also the central heating and the washing machine to see if any of these could get it to reset but with no joy. The gas meter isn't ticking around now but, if the boiler isn't doing anything, I guess that's to be expected. Would that be right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back