Wickes Isolating valve for combi boiler system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Wickes sell a lockshield valve marked "for combi boiler systems". Why do you need to fit these on a combi boiler system? also can you use the standard type of lockshield valve instead? :?:
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, Wickes sell a lockshield valve marked "for combi boiler systems". Why do you need to fit these on a combi boiler system? also can you use the standard type of lockshield valve instead? :?:
Thanks

Yea, course you can.

They also label a pack 1M of 8mm tube plus an isolation valve with something like:

Must be fitted by GasSafe RGI. As if an RGI would ever buy them.

Thanks for replies, but perhaps I should rephrase my question, Wickes sell an isolating valve which they have marked for combi boiler systems.
What is the physical difference (if any) between these and the standard ones, could it be that they work under higher pressures without leaking?
Or some other difference! Thanks Matt.

Sponsored Links
It might be because it is full bore i.e. does not reduce the inside diameter of the pipework.
Most isolating valves are reduced bore, even the expensive real McCoy Ballofix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back