Wickes Mirang basin tap - manufacturer and spares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

MIL has a Mirang basin tap from Wickes which has always leaked from underneath and is now leaking from the base. I suspect perhaps a faulty or damaged cartridge but won't know until I dismantle it of course.

My question is who manufactures these taps and what is the best souce of spares?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I think the best people to ask that question would be Wickes, if Tap is a recent purchase I would take it back if it is a component fault , rather then an installation error.
If the leak is actually coming from the tap, then it could be down to that the seal of the cartridge is not sitting correctly, due to dirt at the seal.
So removing the cartridge and cleaning the bottom of the body of the tap and the bottom the cartridge, then refitting, may resolve your problem.
For replacement, once the cartridge is removed then it is possible that product details are printed on it. If the tap is quarter turn, when ordering new cartridge remember depending on which tap is requiring the replacement, they are handed (Left/Right).

Thanks for the replies. The leak is only when you turn it on, sorry I should have said that. So I don't think it's from the connections.

I don't know how these taps are constructed, but I assume that the base is quite solid and the fixing holes are blind? Could someone screw the studding up too much and damage the cartridge from underneath?

The tap is a 4 year old purchase as part of a fitted bathroom from Wickes. So not a lot of scope to complain as out of guarantee.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back