Will conrete fence posts work ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have been trying to dig out my snapped fence posts for hours and still trying to break up the concrete as a massive lump in there what someone left, there fence has the posts on my side then 3 pieces of wood for the boards to attatch to, is there anyway to fit concrete posts without havint to take the whole fence down, i have already purchased 3 fence posts (dont want pannels) as them are only ones that need replacing but just pryed the posts off the rest of fence and going to just set wooden ones and screw back together, i really dont want to have to do this again and plan on planting hedge so access will be worse in 10 years or however long here it is on pic bellow ,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
so to sommonrise can i change the posts on my side with some sort of bracket to attatch to the rear fence thats already up

thanks Dean

Sponsored Links
also under the paving is a few inches of sand and gravel would i be able to put top soil ontop of this ? be outting turf down but dont want to have to hire a skip and romove it all as wil be loads

thanks dean

I really think you are going to have to dig out a hole. You are now in a fit frame of mind to swear that you will never use wooden posts in a mass of concrete again.

You can hire a breaker from your local hire shop, or possibly buy a heavy powerful SDS+ drill and steels from Aldi or Screwfix that might be better value.

Even a cheap one will last long enough to do the job, or take it back under warranty and get a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back