Will This Pump Be OK To Boost Hot Taps In Bungalow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the flow/pressure to the hot taps is rubbish in my bungalow due to lack of head, I have decided to boost the hot supply. I want to use a single impeller pump, connected directly to the hot outlet of my vented cylinder.

The hot taps I have are;
kitchen
bath
2 basins

I have a Stuart Turner pump in mind, with an output of 1.5 - 2.0 bar. Will this output be sufficient for my needs (they sell higher output single pumps if needed)?

http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/products/monsoon/standard-15-20-bar-max-single

Or would you have another pump recommendation?

Also, are there any steps I should take to minimise pump noise, like standing it on something?

Sponsored Links
should be fine.

you'll have to take the hot water via a flange on the top or side of the cylinder to stop air being drawn into the pump.

i think the easiest option is a warix or a surrey flange. The essex type requires you drilling a hole in the side of your tank so is more hastle.

grundfos upa 15-90 would be ideal and cost effective.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

Just wanted to confirm which pump would be best suited to my needs (I don't have a shower).

The Stuart Turner output = 1.5 - 2.0 Bar

Dangermouse's suggestion Grundfos output = 0.5 - 0.75 Bar

Which one's output is best for me (supplying 4 hot taps)?

Sponsored Links
think dm misread your post, stick with the stuart turner and original advice given by SP

if your doing it your self the grundfos upa 15/90 is a much easier project, I would also think its quieter than the monsoon although not quite as powerful, I would go for the 15/90 if its just sink basin and bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back