Win10 weather -so wrong!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I maintain a home weather station which produces accurate temperatures which match the Met Office figures for local temperature. In the bottom right hand corner of Win10, on the task bar, it shows a local temperature too, except it is always way off. Typically at the moment it shows 12C Cloudy, actual is 15.4C and yes, it is cloudy. Met Office says 15C and another app says 16C. Yes, they are all set to my correct location. It is not even showing a temperature from earlier in the day, because my system log suggests the overnight lowest temperature was 13.4C.

Where does Win10 get it's weather feed from, for it to be so consistently inaccurate?

Sponsored Links
If you click on the tile, it brings up a larger page with more information:
20220704_100948.jpg
At the bottom of the page it says "Data from Foreca"

www.foreca.com

Sponsored Links
I maintain a home weather station which produces accurate temperatures which match the Met Office figures for local temperature. In the bottom right hand corner of Win10, on the task bar, it shows a local temperature too, except it is always way off. Typically at the moment it shows 12C Cloudy, actual is 15.4C and yes, it is cloudy. Met Office says 15C and another app says 16C. Yes, they are all set to my correct location. It is not even showing a temperature from earlier in the day, because my system log suggests the overnight lowest temperature was 13.4C.

Where does Win10 get it's weather feed from, for it to be so consistently inaccurate?
For some reason this made me lol and reminded me of how a sketch in 'The Fast Show' might begin.

Love it :)

I'm recording 19.3C this morning from my station, my heating system's outdoor sensor shows 19C, a local ex-RAF official station from which Win10 derives it's weather shows 18C, Win10 shows 15C. Something is not right with Win10's weather report. Curious.

Back