Window + Door quotes

rct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m after some advice. I have had 4 quotes of various amounts for 10 windows and a door. I have ruled out 2 for various reasons but cannot make a decision between the others.
Both are local companies with a good track record. I have seen work by both and the quotes are only £600 apart. The problem is being no expert on DG it is hard to decide between specs.

Quote 1
Planitherm total + units, 28mm Argon filled, warm spacer.
Rehua S706 profiles
Twincam Espag locking
A rated

Quote 2
Soft coat glass, Argon filled two part sealed units
Consort fs frames, multi point marine locks
Consort Magnum door

Both are FENSA registered and carry 10 year Insurance backed guaranties.

Other than the frame shape I can’t see much difference. Can anyone help advise? Not worried over price difference just want the best spec for the money.

Sponsored Links
Specs are similar, I mainly use Rehau so am a little bias.
Do you homework on the installation side on things, a great product is no good if installed poorly

agreed, the fitter will make all the difference, maybe see if they sub out work or have their own fitting teams, see pics of prev work by those fitters too

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice.
This is a great forum, especially for someone with limited knowledge of DIY issues who wants some guidance to get things done right.

I have looked at work by both companies and asked many questions. To be honest I would have been happy with either. In the end I decided on one company over other simply because of the advice they offered and the 3 fitters have all worked for the company for over 10 years.

Let’s hope the research pays off, I guess you take a chance with whoever you choses.
I will let you know how things turnout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back