Window sills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What can I use to level out the surface of old stone window sills.
They have already been painted so its something that sets like ---- and can be overpainted, but gives me a smooth finish, somthing like car body filler comes to mind. I used external polyfilla but the frost got to it.
Any Ideas

Sponsored Links
chowbasa said:
What can I use to level out the surface of old stone window sills.
They have already been painted so its something that sets like ---- and can be overpainted, but gives me a smooth finish, somthing like car body filler comes to mind. I used external polyfilla but the frost got to it.
Any Ideas

Had something similar,(stone in this case) the cill's were pitted, flaking and unsightly. Mortar would have been too thin in this case soo I did use body filler to level off (david's isopon) it sands easy. Best to give it a coat of dulux ultra grip primer then two coats of masonry paint or whatever finish your after.
Good luck.

Exterior polyfilla is good for some of that sort of thing to...but dont leave it proud its hard to sand.

Sponsored Links
Look for some fibre car body filler, mix in some yellow building sand, about 30% then skim the area you wish to repair, leave to dry then sand off with an orbital, the sand granules will fall out in places when sanded and will give the stone look rather than the smooth look when painted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back