Window - System Error

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I switch on the pc I get an error message stating "Windows - System Error. There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network"

I recently changed my router for a wireless router, all working and when I cancel the above message, the pc works fine buts it annoying.

anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like two devices are trying to connect to the router with the same IP address, if that one is taken then it will take up the next one on the list.
One way to get around this is to not let the router configure the IP addresses (DCHP) and to manually configure the IP address to each machine / device.

They say if you play Vista backwards you can hear satanic verses. Hec that’s nothing. If you play if forwards it’ll install Windows!

Just thought I’d throw that in to help ease your frustration str. :D

do you ever actually shut the PC down or just standby/hibernate?

a proper restart of the PC and/or router should do the trick...

what other devices do you have connected to your router, PCs/laptops/Printers etc?

Sponsored Links
always shut down fully at night so its a full restart and i keep getting the message.

the router is connected to the PC with an ethernet cable and I have the wii and an ipad that use the wifi network

this only came about when I changed from the old standard router to the wireless - can only guess that I need to delete something to do with the old router?

They say if you play Vista backwards you can hear satanic verses. Hec that’s nothing. If you play if forwards it’ll install Windows!

Just thought I’d throw that in to help ease your frustration str. :D

What!? no really WTF?

Just reset the router, by inserting a pen in the master reset, then install as usual.

Back