windows in externally insulated walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're completely refurbishing our house and am planning on externally insulating our solid walls, and there will also be significant extensions with new cavity walls and I want to make sure the windows match in each wall (i.e. don't want the windows in the insulated walls to be set back approx 100mm than the new ones).

We're changing the house quite a lot and most windows in the old part of the house are being moved anyway, so how can I make the windows in the externally insulated walls stick out further.

Would a sturdy timber frame in the window opening from the inside of the wall right through to the edge of the insulation work, or would this create any problems with thermal bridging etc?

The whole property is being rendered, so it doesn't matter what it looks like as it will get covered.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back