Windscreen Repair Kit...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Cars just failed its MOT on a stone chip in A area of the windscreen. trouble is I was going to sort insurance after it had passed so unfortunately autoglass free or cheap through policy isn't an option.

I measured the chip at 10mm x 15mm. My question is has anybody tried the CRACKATTACK DIY WINDSCREEN REPAIR KIT? also if the kit is used correctly could it still be failed at the MOT Station.

Cheers fetler

Sponsored Links
in my experience diy windscreen kits are pants, and if the mot tester has a god complex, which most of them have, he`ll be failing it again, look through the yellow pages at local windscreen repairers, a lot cheaper than the big names, or if its an older car, ie, not bonded, a scrap yard some string and a flat bladed screwdiver is the way to go.

If you go for an independant windscreen company they seem a lot cheaper. I had a new one put in my van not that long ago, £105 inc vat, they came out and fitted it for me where i was working.

They were about £250 cheaper than one of the biggest companies. Yet they get their glass from the same place he told me. :confused:

Give one a call, theyll be able to tell you if it can be repaired or replaced.

Sponsored Links
Back