Windscreen washer pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mondeo V6, The pipe from the windscreen washer bottle has come off, the last time this happened I called the AA man came & fixed it after a lot of huffing & puffing he replaced it & said that he should not have been called out for this type of job (I said to him, all I told the controller was that my windscreen washer is not working, BTW it was a filthy night ).

It looks like I have to take the wheel off & then the cover that stops the spray.

Ford want to charge me £35. If I get it back on I will use a jubile clip to hold it there. The reason it comes off (I think) is because I dont use the washers often I think the jets clogg up and the pressure causes the pipe to come off.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
It looks like I have to take the wheel off & then the cover that stops the spray.

Don't understand this bit?????

Is the pipe push fit?

In which case, warmit i boiling water and whack it on with a cliup to hold it in place and use preventative measures - use the washers twice a week anyway, just to keep them sweet.

The bit you dont understand (I think) the washer bottle is situated near the off side wheel. It is not possible to get to the bottom of the bottle from the engIne compartment. Once I can get to it, I will make it fit mechanically, & yes I will use it twice a week, if we have a bad winter maybe twice a day. IF ONLY I COULD GET IT ATTACHED.

Sponsored Links
Back