wireless controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an alpha combi with a built in mechanical clock (useless) I want to replace with a wireless programmable room stat. what do i do with wires to old clock

Sponsored Links
Apha do a built in Wireless Programmable Roomstat, whereby the receiver fits into the panel where the mechanical clock used to be, and you use the existing wiring.

dont bother with a wireless stat all of these are crap. as other wireless items get better over theyears they tend to interfere with the stat and it becomes faulty (ie my house the doorbell could turn the boiler on for a hour) a customer i have worked at many times her next doors wifi turned her boiler off if the connected it to a laptop

this all happened because the changed the radio signal and yes the roomstat will say it uses its own rf but it doesnt its bs plus you keep needing new batteries which in some stats if you dont put them in quick enough it messes the boiler up and it needs reprograming i even had to ring the breakdown engineers once cause the customers changed the battries

just a word of warning

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back