wiring a light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All again sorry new post , got my down stairs light working but haveing trouble wiring up the switch ,
one of the wire if for the porch light wich i no longer use, 'I have trie to wire it differnt ways but it keep tripping the fuse

Sponsored Links
The red, yellow and blue cable is from up satirs so I have red in com then Yellow in l1 and blue in l2. It the other cable that Im stumped with

Sponsored Links
cant remember

Didnt jot it down

1st Mistake Mr ! Looks like it was quite full in that 16mm Back box !

So you have the 3& Earth Core Running the Landing 2 way ?
One of the Twin & Earths would run the Hall (1 way only)
and maybe the Porch was a Feed & Neutral coming into the Backbox , The Neutrals were put in a Connector Block ? and Reds were feed and Switched Live ??

Thats my guess at your Spiderlike Switch Piccy !

Lucky

I have trie to wire it differnt ways but it keep tripping the fuse
Unless you have a neutral present at the switch then the problem causing the trip is not there - it's somewhere else in the circuit.

I'm afraid with all your different topics I've lost track of what you've been doing, but I note you've been at it on and off for 2-3 weeks.

Have you at any time taken a black wire and put it somewhere assuming that because it's black it must be a neutral?

Anyway - you have a multimeter, and here: //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:lighting is all the info you need on how lighting circuits work.

I CAN'T HELP THINKING SOME OR ALL OF THE REPLIES TO THE ORIGINAL POST (13th June) WOULD BE RELEVENT HERE, IF THE MODERATOR HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO...

Better to click the Alert Moderators button to attract their attention rather than shouting.

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back