Wiring a New thermostat - Old to New - Help ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace an old Robus rrf10 dial thermostat with a Salus RT300RF .

Wiring on the old thermostat is as follows - Note - 2, 3, 5 & 6 are the only connections wired - 5 is looped from 3 - 5 & 6 are purely for LED purposes and not essential for the actual switching to work :

30543693430_3aea660b40_c.jpg

30808144826_07465e10c0_c.jpg

Wiring on the New Salus RT300RF is as follows :

30808144836_fa43c8f5bf_c.jpg

Additional info :

There is also a timer unit in my kitchen - when the timer unit is on for heat - the thermostat has the last say on whether the heating is on or off .

I was planning on doing it as follows - could someone confirm if correct :

2 -> COM
3 -> NO
5 -> Loop from COM
6 -> N

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Bin the new unit
Get Danfoss or Honeywell.

Sponsored Links
Nope nope and nope.

You need a permanent live to the receiver then the heating on wire from the clock into com and NO wired to the heating switched live. The neutral in 6 can go to N.

Its the perm live your missing. Without it everytime the timer calls for heat the receiver will have to restart itself.

Nope nope and nope.

You need a permanent live to the receiver then the heating on wire from the clock into com and NO wired to the heating switched live. The neutral in 6 can go to N.

Its the perm live your missing. Without it everytime the timer calls for heat the receiver will have to restart itself.

ok....

Is 2 not currently a permanent live ? I was struggling to understand in the current wiring where the power comes from to light the LED in the current thermostat - is that not currently 2? When the switch is made, 2 provides power to 5 and the LED comes on.

I'll probably just get someone else to wire this now as its clear it is now beyond me.

No, 2 is a switched live, your current thermostat has no permanent live.
The led is powered when the stat is calling for heat, purely just a visual indicator that the switch is made.

No, 2 is a switched live, your current thermostat has no permanent live.
The led is powered when the stat is calling for heat, purely just a visual indicator that the switch is made.

Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back