wiring an oven (help)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just wired in a new oven (Whirlpool Framtid OV B12 S) to he way i was told by somone else and was wondering if it is correct.
I have 6mm cable running into the switched cooker point wiht socket and there is a 6mm cable coming out which went into the existing cooker. i have fitted a standard double socket to the end of the 6mm cable and have now plugged the oven with a 13amp fuse and the gas hob into the same socket. the oven worked this morining for about 5 mins then went off. i have not yet checked the fuse until i am sure that this wiring methos is correct.help

Sponsored Links
have not got a clue but does this help ?
Energy class: A.
Energy consumption with a standard load, top and bottom heating: 0.79 kWh.
Energy consumption with a standard load, pastry function: 0.91 kWh.

if the oven came with a plug then it's ok to plug it in..

0.91KW sounds rather low..

what make and model is it.. google it and get us the specs.. ( why should we do all the running round for you ;) )

Sponsored Links
what make and model is it..

cockeyp said:
(Whirlpool Framtid OV B12 S)

By the way DIY electrics in the kitchen should be notified to building control.
Also even in the previous edition of the electrical regs socket circuits normally need RCD protection, does your oven circuit?

Having said that if it came with a plug on it then the way you have connected it should not have caused any problems.

0.91 is the consumption PER HOUR. We need the actual rating of the elements in the oven, total maximum load.

the model is in the 1st post (Whirlpool Framtid OV B12 S) and i have searched google and cannot find any in formation on this oven other than where to buy it from and the dimensions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back