Wiring doorbell transformer to mains plug

Sponsored Links
Well, I defer to people who do it a lot, but when I've put a 13A plug on 2.5mm cable it has not been easy.

Not impossible, but not easy.

And I don't think they're supposed to connect to that size?

Hey folks,

I bought a wired doorbell from screw fix. This one specifically https://www.screwfix.com/p/byron-720k-wired-wall-mounted-doorbell-kit-with-transformer-white/80778?kpid=80778&cm_mmc=Google-_-Datafeed-_-Electrical and Lighting?kpid=KINASEKPID&cm_mmc=Google-_-TOKEN1-_-TOKEN2&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249401&gad_source=1&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1247848&ds_rl=1248154&gclid=CjwKCAiAu9yqBhBmEiwAHTx5pz4scaLLKzapnEWzwkAORy2wfMfa7ACmtTH-rwNM7anRzlwh_etILhoC6yIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

So here comes the silly question if you nice folks can help me please. In the Q and A section on the site it says it man be wired into a mains plug. I've done that but there is nowhere to connect the earth wire to on the transformer from the power cable.

Tell me I'm doing something wrong.
If you are going to "tie-up" a socket-outlet for the exclusive use of a Doorbell,
in my opinion a better choice would be to use a Plug-In "Wireless" Doorbell - such as https://www.screwfix.com/p/byron-dby-22322uk-plug-in-wireless-doorbell-white-grey/159kj
It is cheaper and no wiring is required.
Although this claims "No Batteries Required", the Bell-Push does contain a Lithium CR2032 battery, which will need replacement at some distant time in the future (10 years ?)- which might cost you £1.50

Sponsored Links
My car key has a CR2032. 10 years? In your dreams.
My previous car was 10years and a week when I sold it.
Still had original exhaust/Cat, clutch, brake discs, and 389 batteries in the keys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back