Wiring for heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this ok? I'm having the kitchen done and just need to make sure that a new FCU for a heater isn't going to involve a load of extra wiring.

Socket on ring --> Switched FCU to Boiler (3A fuse) --> Switched FCU for hydronic plinth heater (5A fuse)

I think the Switched FCU to the boiler is on a spur (it's only a few inches from the socket) and not part of the ring but I can check if necessary. My gut feeling is that if the boiler FCU is a spur its not allowed.

Thanks for any help,

e_v

Sponsored Links
Just got home and checked - Boiler FCU is a spur off the utility room ring circuit. Am I right that if I take the switched FCU for the heater from the load side of the Boiler FCU that the installation would be ok?

On a slight aside - does a utility room class as a special location? There is no sink, so if I interpret the info from the wiki article on Part P I could do this myself? Don't really want to pi$$ the sparky off by asking him to do this as well, he's already been back for loner than he originally planned.

Thanks, e_v

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back