wiring for single oven - need help asap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am really clueless with this but i hope someone can give me advice:

I have a single 13amp electric oven with a gas hob.. I have employed a qualified electrician to add some new sockets... My problem is he has removed the outlet plate that was behind the oven and has put some wires for the oven in the cupboard next to the oven.

can someone tell me that this Is this ok? I am assuming the oven will be plugged in.

Sponsored Links
The electrician has put the outlet in a position which can be readily accessed should you need to isolate the oven. This is standard and good practice. He will also have added a way of connecting the ignition switch for the hob, again with easy access.

As for whether the oven will be plugged in or "hardwired" into a special socket will be detemined by the instructions that came with the oven, which the electrician will no doubt have referred to. As he's qualified, it's probably fair to say that he does know a bit about his business - so don't worry.

He has probably replaced the connection with sockets in the cupboard to get access to them. I presume you have a master cooker switch somewhere near the cooker? This should kill the sockets if he has done it right. If as you say your cooker is 13a then you are ok to plug it in.

thanks this is reassurance. There is definatlely no master cooker switch. But if the plug socket for the cooker is easy to get to then this should be ok.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back