Wiring into a pull light switch ..... too many wires ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need some help. I'm fitting some low-voltage downlighters into a wardrobe. I've run a supply from a switched socket (so I can easily isolate it) and have the base plate of the pull-switch fitted to the ceilling ready for wiring.

But despite the instructions (MK) it doesn't seem to make sense - clearly I'm missing something obvious .....

It says to connect the live (brown) cables to the 'COM' and 'L1' terminals for the supply & transformer feed respectively. Understand that bit

But what do I do with the two blue cables ????

Are these connected together via a connecting block, hence the switch 'switches' the live supply and the blue connected cables complete the circuit ?

None of the instructions actually 'say'

HELP please guys :)

Sponsored Links
It says to connect the live (brown) cables to the 'COM' and 'L1' terminals for the supply & transformer feed respectively. Understand that bit

But what do I do with the two blue cables ????

Are these connected together via a connecting block, hence the switch 'switches' the live supply and the blue connected cables complete the circuit ?
Yes

Connect them in a piece of insulated terminal block. In the switch housing. Do not use the earth terminal. That's for the earth!

The fuse in the plug that goes into the socket should be 3amps maximum.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back