wiring rule for a shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a shower pump in my house, the pum needs a 30ma RCD, power via a double switched fuse with a 13Amps. I have a 13A isolator switch which will be in the hot press next to the pump and a cable from this switch going to the distribution board where I already have a 30ma RCD 40Amps. My question is I am doing right by connecting a 13A isolator to a 40Apm 30ma RCD? what section of cable should I use for about 10m lenght.

Sponsored Links
mike what power rating is the pump?

Besides that, from your 40A MCB to FCU 13A to pump should be fine.

Where abouts at home are you, purely out of interest

thanks Oharaf, the pump power is 230 VAC /1PH/Hz
I am French living in Ireland so the house is there

mike what power rating is the pump?

Besides that, from your 40A MCB to FCU 13A to pump should be fine.

Where abouts at home are you, purely out of interest

The pump is a 230 VAC/1PH/50Hz
I live in Ireland so the house is there
thanks for your reply, you made my week :D :D

Sponsored Links
Hi Mike need to know the Power rating in WATTS!!

What county are you in is what I was asking!

Can you get tickets for England v Ireland in Feb? at Croke Park

Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the power rated of the pump is 1430 Watts?

For england V ireland i presumed you are talking about rugby, i don't have any membership for tickets but i will look at the normal circuit and let you know
take care

Hi Mike

Your pump will draw amaximum of 6.2amps, try a 5amp fuse in the FCU, if this gives up revert to 13amp (check the manufacturers guidance as well)

Look forward to hearing from you re tickets, very much appreciated wether you can source some or not

Fergus

in fact what i was asking in my second questions is knowing that my FCU is about 10m away from the MCB what seize of cable should I use to bring the power.
C U.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back