Wiring SC517/WH door contact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a Texecom Premier Elite 24 kit and have wired it up myself. All of the Texecom PIR sensors which were included are wired in EOL and are working correctly.

I am now trying to get the door contacts working. The contacts that were included have a sticker on them saying "CQR Maximal SC517/WH Grade 1".

There are 2 contacts at one side and 3 contacts at the other. There are no built-in resistors. There does not appear to be a tamper switch built-in either. Photo of unit attached (wiring is wrong I think).

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210518_195448.jpg
    20210518_195448.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 266
Sponsored Links
Hi sparkymarka, it's a brand new installation and I've wired 6-core cable runs from the panel to all PIRs and door contact positions.

4 cores are 'active' for each of the PIRs and I have up to 6 cores available as required for the door contact wiring, but just not sure how to wire the door contacts.

Last edited:
2 options leave them as they are and program the zone as normally closed or put in resistors …are they all going on separate zones or shared ?

Sponsored Links
All PIRs and door contacts are on separate zones.

Could you tell me more about the wiring options, please (including use of resistors)? Is there any reference material available with circuit diagrams?

I am also open to buying alternative contacts if these ones (included in the kit) are sub-par.

Thanks sparkymaka - that SC517G2 model looks the business. I may look to pick up a couple of those instead. It's frustrating that the Reseller did not include that model in their kit. Given that the rest of the components are all Grade 2, I can't understand why they would include such a basic door contact.

Out of interest, if I did decide to 'make do' with these contacts, how should this be wired back at the panel? You said that the contacts are wired correctly in my photograph (red and black); do I just put red and black into a zone and that's it?

To provide a cable tamper you would have to twist a separate pair together and put under a brass screw , these would have to be wired into the aux tamper terminal on the premier 24
The alarm pair wired into each zone and set at normally closed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back