Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings!

I bough one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155927514982
Could not get it to power up with several batteries and no manual from the suppler. Decided enough was enough and said I want to send it back for a full refund
Goods of sales act, not fit for purpose

However the supplier has now made me a counter offer of a 55% refund (not to be snoffed at!) that I just keep the dam thing. So before just sending it back for a full refund anyway. I should consider there offer carefully

The problem with the machine is it draws so much current when heating the glow plug up that the voltage on the battery drops while under load
This machine is an electrical con to get you the consumer to go out and buy a new battery by that of they have put in place a BS safety cut off device that when the voltage drops below a cetrain point it will switch off

My question is; what size of battery do you think i would need to power it with out the battery charger/ generator/ engine running and how much would that battery cost? After that I can then decide if I want to keep it or return it

Thanks

Happy New World Order everyone

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hasn’t this already been done to death in another thread? Weren’t you trying to bypass some safety device in it?

Sponsored Links
Hasn’t this already been done to death in another thread?
It was.
Summary - wires too small, wires too long, battery knackered, poor connections, all of the above.

Safety devices are there for a reason.
If people want to disable safety devices then that's their choice and they must accept the consequences of doing so.
They should not expect to receive any help from this or other forums to do so, and no one should be advising them how to either.

Hasn’t this already been done to death in another thread? Weren’t you trying to bypass some safety device in it?
Yes we where trying to bypass the BS switch but not been able to so, now we are considering weighing up the cost of a new battery to the 55% refund we have been offered

Please do not falsify quotes. This thread is now closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back