Wiring up downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
there seems to be no mention of a transformer, as the lamps are 12v they need one.

although you can buy one separatly i suggest you go to your local shed and buy a "kit" it will have all connecting cables and instructions

You should also read this.

What you decide to do is up to you, and no-one here will refuse to help you because of it, but you should be aware...

the fittings are mains voltage GU10 style.

Don't bother- try 12V fittings with trannys, better light output; cheaper lamps; and lamps last longer.

Sponsored Links
baldelectrician said:
the fittings are mains voltage GU10 style.
According to the item description (with my emphasis):

12v MR 50W halogen

fixed - chamfered edge

AU-DLL101 12V MR16 PRESSED STEEL FIXED HALOGEN DOWNLIGHT

hello and thank you for your replys to my question,i have already purchased these items and the fittings are mains voltage GU10 style,so can someone please send me or point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for this project.thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back