Wish me luck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've ordered a £1500 rockdoor, light oak inside, light oak outside with a welded arch onto the existing door frame at a pretty odd size too.

It came white on the inside today, i've sent it back and said to make me a new one otherwise i'll give them £500 for the mistake one. They calling me back tomorrow after speaking to the boss.

I know you can't split a slab down once it's been bonded and 3 weeks after i ordered it the missus said she wouldn't mind white on the inside. :mrgreen:

What u reckon, no chance? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Its a dead cert they'll let you have it, otherwise they'll need to re-make another at great cost, whether you'll get it for £500 i don't know, £700 should seal it i'd of thought.

Is the frame white? I reckon you'll prefer white on the inside, it doesn't darken the room as much

Sponsored Links
Shame they "obviously " made an error.

Another shame you have tried to kill them so to speak in a deal. The climate now is such they probably had to agree to pay their own supliers, and not pay own workforce.

Work in banking insurance do you?

Judging by the gloating smilie, you had this planned.

Want to add your post code to your reply?

Yeah but if times were that bad you'd think they'd take a bit more care when surveying or even ordering if they bought it in.

The climate now is such they probably had to agree to pay their own supliers, and not pay own workforce.

LOL, as if

"Er, sorry lads, there has been a bit of a mix up by the surveyor and the guys back in the office, so do you mind that we don't actually pay you this week?"

"Oh yeah, no problem boss, just take what you need out of our wages, we understand that there are no contingencies or credit float for things like this, and we always have to pay for mistakes like this"
:rolleyes:

The door probably cost less than £500 to make in any case, they are only losing their mark-up

Shame they "obviously " made an error.

Another shame you have tried to kill them so to speak in a deal. The climate now is such they probably had to agree to pay their own supliers, and not pay own workforce.

Work in banking insurance do you?

Judging by the gloating smilie, you had this planned.

Want to add your post code to your reply?

Stick to the day job mate. My postcode is B74 4XA, better still my number is 0121 353 5646 give me a call and we can discuss how I 'planned' it and you can give me a right telling off :(

Even better, why don't you go out your way and speak to my suppliers directly? You can tell them everything that's happened, especially the whole 'planning' thing. It will make you feel a whole lot better. You could start a new thread on here about what's happened.

Their details are:

Goldstar Trade Frames Ltd
Unit 37 - 38,
Empire Industrial Estate,
Brickyard Road,
Aldridge,
Walsall,
West Midlands
WS9 8UY

and telephone number 01922 456223. The bloke I ordered the door off was called David Nelson and the invoice number is 08223.

Let me know how you get on. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back