WMA32 blowing fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a WMA32 washing machine in my shed at a caravan park. It switches on ok and fills with water but as soon as the motor kicks in it trips the MCB`s and the main fuse that protects a row of caravans.

I have had a quick look inside and cannot see any broken or damaged wiring. The bushes are ok and I have took the motor off to clean.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Does it trip an RCD or an MCB

If its the RCD (Press to test type trip)

Quite common for the motors to get damp when outside and any water gets on the floor. This causes the insulation resistance of the motor to go low. I normally dry the motor out in a warm room for 24 hours and they are ok.

Always assuming that is your problem (the motor does not have to look damp or wet for this to affect it)

Thankyou for that. I have had the whole washer inside for three days in the warmth whilst I have been working on it so perhaps that is unlikely.

It is tripping the main RCB outside the caravan, the ring main MCB inside and also an MCB or fuse that protects a whole row of caravans to which I have no access.

Sponsored Links
unplug motor see if it trips , then heater ,then mains surpressor ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back