Wobbly mono kitchen sink tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! I have kitchen mono taps that wobble when used. The mono is on a stainless steel sink. Both are Ikea. It has always wobbled but now I want to fix it. The kitchen was professionally fitted and I did not complain about the mono. Looking under the sink - the access to any fittings securing mono to sink seem very awkward indeed. Both taps and sink are OK and function - it's just the wobble. Do I need to buy new mono taps - if so - what? Or is there just a loose component that needs tightening somewhere? The fittings for the mono are up between sink basin and wall - so does sink need to come out first (altho' - as stated the taps are on the sink!)? Also the water pipes under the sink have a couple of "bends" - will all the pipe work need to be redone too? Sometimes I think it is the sink that is not "strong" enough to support the mono i.e. it is too heavy for the sink! Any comments; advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Many monobloc taps are weighty chunks of brass. Add this to the leverage you exert on it when using it, and the thinness of the steel on some sinks, and you get the sink flexing around the base of the tap.

Franke do a monobloc tap stabiliser. It braces the bottom of the tap under the sink to the underside of the work surface, between the tap and the wall. Before you buy, make sure that you have enough space to be able to fit it, and the dimensions are right for your situation.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KITCHEN-TAP-STABILIZER-FRANKE-AH-304980-/330488893616

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back