wobbly pillar, cement seal had broken! What can I do

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am making a patio and along one side I have a wall then then three pillars of 2x2 bricks , 120cm high .

On The middle column, the lower cement seal has broken and made the wall wobbly, the fence panels in between the wall is keeping it up BUT what can I do to strengthen it up without taking the pillar down again??

Many thanks Chris

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Helical bars, drilled at 60° across the pier/wall connection, set in resin, and then pointed will be unobtrusive

The wind is going to blow it over on a windy day so you may as well re build it.

Sponsored Links
Yep if that quite new looking wall has failed already, it's got no hope. Replace brick pillars with wooden fenceposts, bolted to the top of the low wall section.

That's quite common with 9 inch piers. Movement of the fence in a strong wind will break the joint. 13 inch piers are much stronger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back