Wonky fence post (part 2!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again,

Thanks for the advice given previously managed to make a good job of a repair to the fence post which was in a clear patch of garden; breaking up concrete was very therapeutic...

Anyway, another problem has emerged in that the next post down the line is clearly on the way out and will lean into the neighbours garden again - the problem this time is that it's behind my shed, and there's only a gap of 12 inches (at most) between the shed and the fence.

So, obviously, I can't repair this from my side - the neighbours side has a wooden construction (I don't know what to call it besides an eyesore) which the fence would be able to rest on - but obviously I want to fix this up too.

Would it be a similar case as before with the concrete support? I wanted to check as all the previous supports have been on my side of the fence, so would having one on the other side have any impact or be perfectly fine?

And yes, the fence is clearly past it's best, but I don't think it was ever at it's best since installation - another point to note whenever I move house again, give all the fences a good shove before considering making an offer...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back