Wooden living room floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all i would like to say hello to everyone. I have been looking at your great forum for some time now. And i have found lots of helpful tips over the years. My name is Martin and i'm from south Wales, Married with 2 dogs. kids all grown up and left home (happy days lol).

I have a 1937 Bungalow with wooden floors. My living room is 3.4 x 5.6 meters. I have taken up the old floor boards as they had seen better days. The floor joists are 4x2's and run across the 3.4 width and are 400mm apart. Now i want to tile the whole floor with 600x600x9mm tiles. what i would like some help with is, would 24mm plywood be enough across the floor to tile on or should i add another layer of ply. I am planing on fitting under floor heating with a 10mm insulation board.

All the best Mart :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back