Worcester 24 CDI overflow problem

Ped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 24 CDI combi boiler that runs on an open vented system, ie it has an expansion tank in the loft, water is coming out of the overflow - this problem 1st appeared 18 months ago where my plumbing friend replaced the heat exhanger, after that all was well until now. my 1st question is how can the heat exchanger fail again in such a short time? The plumber has advised me to drain off the system & flush the system out & i have also read that scale build up/corrosion can accelerate the failing of the exchanger is this correct? if so what would be the best solution to flush out the scale/corrosion? Since moving into the house 7 years ago the boiler has been steadily getting noisier - when the bolier is in operation there is a banging noise coming from it - could this be an indication of the above problem(s)? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i cant go replacing the heat exhanger every 18 months!!!

Sponsored Links
get it flushed, replace h/e, get the boiler converted to a sealed system. open vented systems are death to these boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back