worcester 240 - main burner not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

The main burner won't ignite in my Worcester 240 RSF despite the pilot light coming on.

I've followed the fault finding section in the manual. This seems to be pointing to replacing the gas valve.

I put the boiler on for central heating and did the following:

The spark electrode seems fine too.

Checked that there is 240v on the sequence board that relates to the gas valve (CN4 Live) and there is 240v there.

The gas supply is definitely on (the pilot light lights) and the main burner is not blocked. All the holes and slots are still clear.

Is there anything else I need to check or is that it? Any other suggestions are most welcome. I just don't understand why the gas valve would just fail all of a sudden :confused: Could I take the gas valve to get it checked or can I check it?

How much should I expect to pay for a gas valve? The one that's in there is a Honeywell.

Thanks for your time :)

Jay

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As it appears to be a gas related fault, I would strongly suggest that you call an RGI to investigate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back