Worcester 24CDI boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ive searched the net for an answer to a problem i have with my worcester bosch 24cdi boiler but to no avail ! Rather then sign up to some random diy forum i thought i might as well try here, and while im at it i can see check out some savings accounts !!

Anyya, although the boiler works (or seems to) there are a few things that dont seem right...firstly, sometimes when running the hot water the water pressure will drop slightly and i think that if it drops out on the boiler too much the boiler stops firing (?). We live in a 1880 terrace house and think that there maybe a poor water pressure supply to the house anyway. After a short time the hw kicks in again and 'pumps' it out at full force. Am i right in assuming the drop in water pressure and subsequent re-firing could be due to the water pressure coming into the house fluctuating due to neighbours using the water? Or is there something else ?
Secondly and more of a problem is that if we turn the CH temperature dial to below half and try to run the boiler, the boiler seems to lockout and the CH light flashes and the
boiler fires, locksout, fires etc etc....Only when we turn the temperature dial to above half will the boiler fire and maintain heating the water. What could be causing this ? It is a bit frustrating (and potentially expensive) that we cannot turn the heating down to a low level as the boiler locks out. Any ideas ? From reading various other posts the PCB is mentioned quite a bit but im unsure.....

Apart from that the boiler seems fine-ish.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
If you suspect a low water pressure causes the problem, start with measuring it.
Although it seems there is something not quite right with the boiler, there is a quick solution for the cost/comfort problem. in stead of regulating the heat with your boiler stat, do it with your room stat.

The radiator temperature governs the temperature of the water in the pipes, not the temperature of the flame. If you turn it down, then it will go off and on as and when the water in the pipes drops below the required temperature. If the boiler is running constantly when heating, you've got problems!

Otherwise I agree that it sounds like your water pressure is low and that you're probably on a shared supply. Do you and each of your neighbours have stop cocks out in the street? If not I believe you can approach the local water board to get one fitted at price

advert removed
mod 9

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back