Worcester 24i and no room thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just moved into my first house and come across a problem. Well not a problem as such but...

Central heating system is fab, its a Worcester 24i boiler but there isnt a room thermostat anywhere in the house. Friend thinks I should get one.

Questions.

Should I get one?
Which one should I buy - would I'd prefer it to be wireless, dont want to start lifting carpet, chiseling routes in the wall etc.
Could I do this myself, I'm no electrician but kinda handy.

Thanks in anticipation.

Daren

Sponsored Links
Yes, a straight forward job. As you say a wireless is easier, up to you if you want a basic room stat or go for a optomising room stat/programmer and leave your current timer on constant.

Thanks Dave,

being fairly new to all things heating, would you consider giving me a pointer in the right direction of which types/makes of thermostat would be compatible with my boiler?

Thanks again,

Daren

The most basic wireless room stat is the Honeywell analogue stat, this will just react to room temp and link via your existing boiler timer.

The other end of the scale would be like the Siemens REV23RF which is an optimising room stat/programmer. This turns the heating on by working out how long before the set time it has to fire the system to acheive the required set room temp by the 'warm' time set in it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back