Worcester 24i intermittent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, there is intermittent hot water at the sink but only luke warm (again intermittent) at the bath and basin. The boiler is sited in the kitchen and the bathroom is next to it (downstairs bathroom) any ideas?????

I checked my breakdown manual and it's suggesting sludge / scale in the heat exchanger but i'm not too sure. flow rate is good at all points. My 1'st thought was diverter valve as the flow and return warmed a bit but the 24i doesn't have 1 as far as i'm aware.

Sponsored Links
Check
flow switch
temperature sensor resistance
water flow rate
gas flow rate (see FAQs)

Flow switch did cross my mind but was changed last year, any idea why it would be hot at sink but only warm at bath / basin?

Sponsored Links
your boiler doesn't have a div valve!

You need an Rgi to check gas pressures etc!
You can check for cross leaking, have you any mixer taps/shower?
It could of course be sludge

Thanks for your reply boilerdoktor, i am gas safe registered (but new to the game and still learning when it comes to breakdowns)and will check the pressures gas rate ect when i go back (it's my dads girlfriends house, don't you just love working for family.lol) i'm just confused as to the fact the water is so much hotter at the sink than the bath / basin. i've not come across this before. Any ideas???

If you are gsr, you should get yourself access to the cc. The vast majority of us will not give safety critical info on the open forum, and reserve it for the cc to prevent people doing things that could put them in danger.

It sounds like this boiler is the old se model which has neither a diverter nor a plate hex, and thus sludge is unlikely to be the problem.

If the boiler is not working at full whack, a restricted tap would provide hot water but one with a higher flow would not.

Do a gasrate, and run the problem tap at 5l/min to see what happens.

Thanks for your help bengasman, I aplied to join the gsr engineer forum earlier. Just waitin to be allowed (guess my gs number has to be checked 1'st) only joined this site 2day seems like it could be a helpful site though.

The amount of knowledge between the resident RGI's is stupefying. Use the forum well, and it will advance you more than all the courses and classes you have done so far together.

You have to give your reg as well as your licence number.

There is no communication. If you give whats needed you suddenly find it included in the list when you log in. if you dont give whats needed nothing happens!

Tony

excelent, I only have my number at the momment though as i only got that last week (via e.mail) still waiting for my card so i guess this will have the info needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back