Worcester 24i RSF locks out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've the Worcester Combi which sometimes locks out and won't fire. The vent fan will be running. If you disconnect the negative pipe off the pressure switch it will "click" , reset and the boiler will fire. It normally happens on start-up after an "off" time period of the programmer but tonight happened whilst delivering hot water.

I changed the original pressure switch with a 0.9 mb Honeywell (used but serviceable) a couple of weeks ago which ran well until tonight. The switch pipes are clear with no apparent leaks.

I have now changed the used Honeywell tonight with a brand new unit,1.0 mb but knowing my luck the problem will arise again.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Sponsored Links
You need to measure the contacts when it 'clicks' and doesn't fire. May also be worth checking the mutipin connector on the pcb. Could be poor contacts here.

Assuming its ok then would suspect the PCB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back