Worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents have just moved house and they have a Worcester 24i boiler. When they turn on the central heating the radiators warm up. As soon as the required temperature is met the boiler turns off and the radiators go cold straight away. Is this normal as there old boiler when switched off the radiators stayed warm for a while after

Sponsored Links
Radiators don't usually lose heat
" Straightaway", how much time are you actually talking about ?
Is there a room thermostat ,where is it located ?

Within 5-10 minutes. There is a room thermostat in the living room. About 5 meters from the actual boiler. The living room radiator is about 4 meters from the thermostat

Check if the filling loop is open/passing. Wait for rads to cools and check the pressure.

Sponsored Links
Within 5-10 minutes. There is a room thermostat in the living room. About 5 meters from the actual boiler. The living room radiator is about 4 meters from the thermostat
Over several minutes the temperature of any radiator would drop. Does the room temperature become noticeably cooler ,if it does the stat should ignite the boiler ???

The radiator is completely cold in that time. The room temperature does drop but the thermostat temperature doesn’t change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back