Worcester 28i RSF intermitent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was asked to take a look at my mates worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After approx 30secs of running hot water the boiler shuts down. With the hot tap still running( water gone cold) the boiler then fires up after about 5sec and continues to do this over and over again for the same time intervals. In central heating mode there are no problems. I Serviced the boiler to the manuals instructions and all ok. I took an uneducated guess and changed the hot water thermistor but this didn't solve it. Then i noticed the boiler stays lit when calling for hot water if the inner casing is off but soon as i tighten the last screw of the casing creating a seal the boiler shuts down. I suspect the fan but wouldn't want to be wrong again due to the cost. Any advice off some experienced gas engineers would be much appriciated

Sponsored Links
If you join the combustion chamber you are likely t get advice on gas and all things related, that may not be appropriate for DIYers. I suspect it is fan/flue related but not prepared to go into any more detail here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back