Worcester 9.24 electronic problem part 2!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all again- if you've read my earlier 9.24 problem, have wired the boiler back to the old Programmer and now we have heating and water again BUT now back to the original problem. Water is working fine, heating also fine when it goes on but the only way we can get it to go on is to bang the front panel, just closing the spring-mounted door covering the programmer is enough. The red light comes on to indicate that the timer is telling the heating to come on, but nothing happens until we bang it- any ideas?
Thank for any advice!
Shan

Sponsored Links
loose connection on pcb.Check push on connector on bottom of pcb. Theres about 4

The programmer sounds shot, why not wire in a new equivalent, I think you have it wired into a twin channel so just replace like for like

shan64, are u banging programmer or boiler.and y cant u just get a girl like everyone else.AWWWW :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Cheeky, I am a girl!!!!! Banging the area by the programmer- the door covering the controls springs back quickly when you close it and that's enough to make it work. Programmer turns heating off ok, just doesn't go on without a bump!

girl on girl,gets better all the time. :LOL: as for heating ,as ollski said seems like programmer shot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back