Worcester Boiler leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I have with my worcester 24cdi boiler. The problem arose when I repressurised it. Since then there is a constant leak/drip from the filling loop (the part where you insert the filling key into). I've tightened up the grey knob and even checked that the black knob is tightened too. I've noticed that my filling key is a bit battered for some reason. Could this be part of the problem?

Any help would would be greatly appreciated has I really an't afford to call out a plumber.

Thanks.

Gavin.

Sponsored Links
They key merely acts as a bridge link during filling. It s/be taken out after filling so problem os from either side depends where leak is from.

A well installed system will only need to be topped up every few months!

It sounds as if you have been using yours more often and one of the valves has worn badly.

It will have to be replaced!

Tony

it seems to be from a little hole in the filling loop from the side where the black knob is. ther's a little hole there.

thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
In fairness to the boiler then I have to say that it has been superb, the last time i pressurised it must be about 9 months ago. I should of said that, Sorry.

if its leaking from the left side of the loop then the non return valve must be clogged/stuck

new probably required.

Just noticed that when the the central heating is running then the leak/drip stops completely.

Expansion closing the NRV. Must be that then. Check again when it cools.

new fill loop section required.

not expensive or particularly hard to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back