Worcester Bosch 240 good heat, poor hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester Bosch 240 has started acting up. When I run the hot water I can get a couple of minutes of hot water (very quick shower) and then it cuts out. If the central heating is on at the same time the hot water becomes luke warm. If the central heating is off, when the couple of minutes of hot water passes it just goes stone cold.

The central heating is working a treat.

I have seen elsewhere where people mention either the "diverter valve" or the "turbine" as possible culprits. Do either of these sound likely?

The circulation pump is also giving a bit of a worn bearing noise, so maybe it's time for a full service.

I'm living in Newcastle. A few years ago I heard about a Worcester Bosch plan where they would do any service for a set fee. Do you know if this is still running and who offers it?[/u]

Thank in advance for your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
When I turn the tap on, the boiler fires up and runs perfectly fine for a minute or two and then spontaneously shuts down and the water just runs cold. If I close the water at the tap and then start it again, I get another minute or two of hot water and then it shuts off again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. Now I just have to decide if it is better to buy the part and sort it myself (sound like a fairly straightforward job) or have someone come in to do it.

If I have the Worcester folks come in for the one-off fix, will they sort out the whole boiler including the diverter and the noisy circulation pump for the £210? If so, do you know how I would get in touch with them?

Thanks again.

diverter valve most likely could be calorifier or gas valve.

Worcester website gives all contact no's etc. They will put as many parts on it as they see fit and the price stays the same..£210.00

Thanks very much for the help. The diaphragm was very worn and had a couple of small holes in it, which I suppose either let water through or failed to hold a vacuum. Either way, it's sorted now. Thank you, Internet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back