Worcester Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old [15years] worcester combi heatslave has started to rattle and bang when drawing hot water, can hear what sounds like gurgling a lot of air in the system, when this happens the pilot light goes out, can be relit after a while and can then go for days without a problem, suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Pilot light probably cut out by overheat stat on heat exchanger. Check system pressure (if sealed) or water in feed tank (if open). Otherwise check through fault finding for boiler - can you be more specific about boiler model?

Just tried central heating and get the same result,noise is loud certainly sounds like overheating problem, but with central heating it shuts down in less than 60 seconds ????

Sponsored Links
Has the float/ball valve in the feed/expansion tank stuck up? Force it down, make sure it's positioned perpendicular not at a slight angle, float isn't touching anything. Renew ball valve if you want. You may then have an air lock to clear, or it might just come glugging up the feed pipe.

Thanks Paul I have looked at the tank does not seem to be a problem, will have a better look,I am in North Yorkshire, may have to call you???

I suspect that the overheat stat is shutting the system down because the pilot light will not relight straight away,I assume it is waiting for cooldown before resetting??? water tank has water, any more ideas????

yep pump runs for heat and water, it should also have a pump overrun stat which may be playing up if the pump stops running at the end of a demand.

well done ollski, i'll thank you even if the poster doesn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back