worcester greenstar 25cdi main heat exchanger blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
am new to this site and am after advise on the problem I have with Worcester bosch greenstar 25cdi.

in 2005 I had my heating updated and had new boiler fitted (the above).I had service contract of which was going well until I was being charged for service but not done.

I changed to Worcester bosch service contract since.bpoiler has been serviced every year the last time was june 2016.

I had to ring them as hot water was sending boiler into shut down f/code u1-9
engineer came out drained some of boiler water and said system sludged..good bye.

now looking into this am miffed that no one from installer to service guys have picked up on the fact there is no filter in system...

right I have looked at system I have removed secondary heat exchanger and thisis clear (replaced by Worcester 18 months ago) refilled system and still have default on boiler.

today I drained and removed top and bottom pipes of off main heat exchanger and poured small amount of water in the top and nothing came out bottom...so am thinking main heat exchanger blocked.
can this unit be cleaned or is it scrap...come to that is the boiler scrap.
could I blank of lower pipe and fill with cleaner leaveing to soak or is this impossible.

your advise would be appreciated in this matter

Sponsored Links
Well as Worcester Bosch say the life of there boilers is 12 years it's just about time for a new one. Personally I wouldn't have another worshitter bosh. But then again my intergas boilers come with a 7 year warranty do maybe I'm biased.

Sponsored Links
Back