Worcester Greenstar Hot Water Facility (Eco Button Wiring)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Worcester Greenstar 28i combi boiler fitted in the loft of our bungalow which has a "Keep hot facility for instantly heated hot water " and although this is a useful feature which can be switched on / off using the eco button on the boiler, it does mean that the boiler keeps firing in the early hours of the morning and during the day when there is usually nobody at home

I have recently fitted a programable room thermostat wired directly to the boiler to replace the original time switch (which has volt free contacts) and a manual room thermostat which were wired in series and would like to re-use the time switch to control when the hot water feature is switched on.

Worcester list a DT20 Twin Channel timer on their website which does this but it is fitted directly to the front of the boiler and according to the installation instructions I downloaded from their site is connected using a ribbon cable to a socket on the boiler's control circuit board.

I have looked at the wiring diagram for the boiler and have not been able to find where to connect the switched contacts of the external time switch which I assume would be connected in parallel with the Eco button.

Does anyone know if there are any terminals on the boiler's PCB where this can be connected ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
'Fraid not... Why not simply fit a DT20 or better still a DT10RF?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back