Worcester heatslave 15/19 oil fired 'high pressure'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 12 year old Worcester heatslave 15/19 oil fired combi boiler has been misbehaving recently. A few months ago the pressure started rising initially about 1 bar over a period of a week & so I checked the expansion vessel & when I pressed the valve water came out so I trotted off & bought a new one, fitted it, problem fixed or so I thought but no that was too easy. Pessure is still rising its now taking 24 hours to increase by 1bar & I'm getting fed up draining it off every day! The detachable water pipe is NOT connected so the increase is pressure is not comming from there.
Any help please!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Make sure the new vessel is OK. Could be a problem with the heat exchanger passing mains water through to the heating water.

Thanks, new vessel pressure is is holding at 0.8 bar so I think its time to buy a heat exchanger looks like i'm going to have fun fitting that!

Sponsored Links
It wants doing sooner rather than later as u are introdicing fresh water with oxygen in all the time diluting your inhibiter & increasing corrosion in the system.U could turn off the mains water at night to prevent more fresh water entering heating but dont open taps or flush w/c or it will allow contaminated heating water will backfeed into watermain.

Cheers bab for the extra information,yes as soon as I can I'll be rushing off too get a replacement exchanger!

try people like inspiredhating and discountheating (or discountedheating poss) online.

Replacement heat exchanger now fitted pressure is now holding & correct.Strait forward job it took about an hour & a half with a cup of tea & a cig! Thanks to all that gave advice. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back