Worcester Heatslave 26/32 hot water but no heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
first timer at this so be kind please.
I started having intermittent problems with the heating not kicking in, now it wont work at all. I have overridden the diverter valve so using the hot water circuit to get by. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Regards

Sponsored Links
You're on the right track.....if you replace the powerhead to the diverter valve - which will be a 3 port one - normal service should be resumed!
I think the original valve is a Honeywell 40 series, but there is a cheaper corgi replacement from Toolstation.
John :)

Thanks to you both for your replies.
The valve is Honeywell V4044F1125 which is the Honeywell part number. Is this a synchron motor? Think its possible to change just the actuator? Is this a good idea? Valve is fairly old 10yrs and might it be that siezing up and causing the problem?

best regards

Sponsored Links
You can change the entire actuator or the motor within...all thats there is a gear mechanism and a microswitch.
The actuator is held on with 2 captive screws, and the motor within has a couple of screws and a steel lug to hold it in the correct place. If you want to change the motor, take the actuator head off first for access.
Have a look at Toolstation 28639 for the 3 port actuator head, and 68222 for just the motor.
You must move the existing valve lever to 'manual' and the same for the new head to keep the valve spindle in line.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back